Business Development Manager
Reports To: VP of Business Development
Edvisors is the number one place to go for planning and paying for college (About Edvisors). We have a deep set of resources and products for students and parents to navigate higher education.
Edvisors is a College Loan Corporation (CLC) company and is 100% owned by its dedicated employees through the CLC employee stock ownership plan. CLC, headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada is a top 10 student loan company, with $18 billion in consumer assets originated. By offering innovative loan products and first-class customer service, the Company has helped 900,000 families achieve their higher education goals. CLC has won multiple awards, including the BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics and the American Business Award for excellence in Customer Service.
Edvisors is a student resource company operating a portfolio of interactive sites that provide information, tools, and resources to help further higher education. Edvisors assists students and parents by helping them access private student loans products, scholarships and consolidation funding while providing marketers the opportunity to engage with students directly online, via e-mail, and through direct mail. Edvisors also manages education-focused websites offering information, advice and services to students, parents, educations, and the financial aid community.
Recognizing that our employees are the key to our success, Edvisors is dedicated to being a great place to work. Edvisors believes in providing a fulfilling workplace environment. We offer excellent employee benefits, paid time off, employee ownership, and a healthy work-life balance. We run a professional and fun office environment.
If you are interested in one of our open positions, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
We are looking for a strong Business Development Manager to work out of our corporate office in Las Vegs, NV. Our Business Development team works to find and develop new relationships for all Edvisors’ product lines in a fast paced, fun, and dynamic environment. This role will report directly to the VP of Business Development. In this role, you will help ensure there is a consistent pipeline of new partners, and that the needs for the Business Development department are met. You will train with the VP of Business Development, and the Business Development Account Manager.
- Hunting and closing new clients for RewardFish, ScholarshipPoints, and Data offers/partners (through LinkedIn, emails, RocketReach, calls, etc.). This includes facilitating negotiations and contracts.
- Scheduling and taking discovery calls with new potential clients daily
- Tracking all client communications, deals, and clients in the pipeline within HubSpot
- Managing the new client onboarding process with due diligence, data security checklists, NDA’s, new customer forms, etc. with the business development team
- Communicating daily through email and phone calls with partners as needed
- Managing clients and their day-to-day needs
- Securing EOM revenue reporting from all assigned partners
- Providing monthly revenue reporting from clients to AR
- Providing updates to the Marketing/Sales team during weekly meetings
- Creating CANVA client presentation decks for client pitches
- Growing and scaling revenue with existing partners through constant communications, listening to their issues, and proposing recommended solutions in a clear, concise manner
- Inputting and managing Data Requests and Client Requests for all clients
- Putting together Data Orders and Contracts for Data Clients, and Advertiser IO’s for clients
- Conducting cursory reviews of contract and agreements from a business perspective
- Putting together proposals for new clients including recommended test campaign budgets, pricing structures, volumes, and audience targeting for offers, and negotiating prices with clients
- Contributing ideas to the cultivation of partner growth by way of additional internal products or product improvements we can offer from a Business Development and Marketing perspective
- Communicating effectively and appropriately across internal Compliance, IT, BusIT, and Marketing teams to problem solve and keep the lines of communications open across our teams
- Five (5)+ years of proven sales or business development experience; strong track record of closing deals
- A hunter who is self-motivated to find and close new business
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and is confident in themselves and skillset
- Ability to manage work flow within a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- An excellent written, verbal, and face-to-face communicator, who also is a great listener
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented problem solver
- Driven individual, who sets and meets their goals
- A team player who works hard, and contributes to our fun, yet productive culture
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Marketing, Communications, PR, or a related field (preferred)
- Relevant professional experience will also be considered
California Applicant Privacy Notice