Reports To: Content Marketing Manager
Edvisors is the number one place to go for planning and paying for college (About Edvisors). We have a deep set of resources and products for students and parents to navigate higher education.
Edvisors is a College Loan Corporation (CLC) company and is 100% owned by its dedicated employees through the CLC employee stock ownership plan. CLC, headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada is a top 10 student loan company, with $18 billion in consumer assets originated. By offering innovative loan products and first-class customer service, the Company has helped 900,000 families achieve their higher education goals. CLC has won multiple awards, including the BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics and the American Business Award for excellence in Customer Service.
Edvisors is a student resource company operating a portfolio of interactive sites that provide information, tools, and resources to help further higher education. Edvisors assists students and parents by helping them access private student loans products, scholarships and consolidation funding while providing marketers the opportunity to engage with students directly online, via e-mail, and through direct mail. Edvisors also manages education-focused websites offering information, advice and services to students, parents, educations, and the financial aid community.
Recognizing that our employees are the key to our success, Edvisors is dedicated to being a great place to work. Edvisors believes in providing a fulfilling workplace environment. We offer excellent employee benefits, paid time off, employee ownership, and a healthy work-life balance. We run a professional and fun office environment.
If you are interested in one of our open positions, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Content Writer is responsible for creating content for the company’s websites. In collaboration with the Content team, this role facilitates the strategy, planning, writing, and editing content that will live on the company’s websites and social media accounts.
As a key member of the marketing team, the Content Writer will help grow our brand’s organic presence on all search engines. This position will have a unique opportunity to combine creative and content strategy with a data driven approach. You will be responsible for content writing and publishing, keeping a pulse on ongoing search algorithms, execute on SEO strategies and targeting new channel opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a strong editorial background.
Plan and develop copy deliverables including articles, web copy, email, press releases, video, PowerPoint presentations, chats and social media
- Write original articles and blogs about topics relevant to students, including college admission and enrollment, scholarships and paying for college.
- Copy generated must meet current SEO standards and internal Edvisors SEO plans
- Copy-editing and fact-checking content for accuracy, effectiveness, and style, revising questionable text as needed
- Audit and update existing web site content as needed
- Prepare all copy submission materials for compliance/legal review, as necessary
- Deliver products in a timely fashion to meet set deadlines
Identify opportunities for content development based on trends in external news media coverage
- Summarize newsworthy developments in student financial aid from a consumer and educator perspective
- Monitor financial aid and guidance counselor forums for developments and insights that are relevant to multiple consumer audiences
- Monitor statutory, regulatory, and sub-regulatory guidance developments that are relevant to consumers
- Collaborate with internal, multidisciplinary team members (Marketing, Sales, Product, Web Development) regarding the planning and execution of creative concepts and branding strategies as needed.
- Support ad-hoc marketing needs
- Strong writing and editorial skills with thorough knowledge of English grammar
- Experience working with and writing content across multiple teams and individuals
- In depth experience with CMS platforms (experience with Sitecore is preferred)
- Basic knowledge of HTML
Knowledge of current design trends and best practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Adept at reviewing and synthesizing data from Google Search Console and Google Analytics
Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver) a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or a related field
Ability to write clear, concise, and persuasive prose
- Excellent attention to detail
A commitment to accuracy
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines
- An understanding of the needs of college students, high school students, families, guidance counselors, financial aid administrators as well as policymakers is preferred
- 3 - 4 years of experience in copywriting or publishing (Financial aid or student marketing experience strongly preferred)
- Excellent team-building skills and the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a fast-paced environment
- Project and time management skills are a must
California Applicant Privacy Notice