Reports To: Director of Data
College Loan Corporation (CLC) is 100% owned by its dedicated employees through the CLC employee stock ownership plan. CLC, headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada is a top 10 student loan company, with $18 billion in consumer assets originated. By offering innovative loan products and first-class customer service, the Company has helped 900,000 families achieve their higher education goals. CLC has won multiple awards, including the BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics and the American Business Award for excellence in Customer Service.
Recognizing that our employees are the key to our success, CLC is dedicated to being a great place to work. CLC believes in providing a fulfilling workplace environment. We offer excellent employee benefits, paid time off, employee ownership, and a healthy work-life balance. We run a professional and enjoyable office environment.
Interested applicants may submit their resume to: email@example.com
This position will be responsible for the design, development, optimization and maintenance of the ETL, SQL support, and Data Warehouse functions at CLC.
- Design, Develop, Integrate and Optimize
- Multiple ETL processes (DTS/SSIS, SQL, *nix shell scripts).
- Multiple conforming data marts for the enterprise, incorporating data from CLC and Edvisors apps and data stores, as well as any new data that is obtained in future.
- Meta Data Repository.
- Internal and external data feeds, both incoming and outgoing. Ensure adequate security for all data sent or received.
- Monitor, Maintain and Optimize
- Regular ETL’s, data feeds to clients, and reports.
- Business continuity processes (where applicable).
- Database Server performance.
- Participate in securing databases, and administering security policies
- Work closely with Dev team to produce SQL for development tickets where appropriate.
- Carry out some DBA duties, with assistance from Senior DBA.
- Other duties, as assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, or related
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and ETL Tools
- Data Warehouse Architecture, Data Modeling and ETL Development
- Strong analytic, problem solving, and technical skills, including shell scripting, database management tools, and advanced knowledge of various dialects of SQL.
- Ability to work on all programming tasks without instruction, and on other phases of applications development, such as quality assurance testing and walkthroughs, with general guidance.
- Ability to pick up new technologies and perform job tasks in different environments, as the enterprise’s needs change.
- Ability to estimate, schedule and track projects from start to finish. Project management skills, including the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects, are strongly desired.
- Must have the ability to develop plans, lead and coordinate efforts of team members, report on status of projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard system development life cycles principles and system development methods required.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of personnel in a professional manner and to communicate clearly in a professional business environment.