Investment Portfolio Manager
Reports To: CEO and CFO
College Loan Corporation (CLC) is 100% owned by its dedicated employees through the CLC employee stock ownership plan. CLC, headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada is a top 10 student loan company, with $18 billion in consumer assets originated. By offering innovative loan products and first-class customer service, the Company has helped 900,000 families achieve their higher education goals. CLC has won multiple awards, including the BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics and the American Business Award for excellence in Customer Service.
Recognizing that our employees are the key to our success, CLC is dedicated to being a great place to work. CLC believes in providing a fulfilling workplace environment. We offer excellent employee benefits, paid time off, employee ownership, and a healthy work-life balance. We run a professional and enjoyable office environment.
Interested applicants may submit their resume to: email@example.com
The Investment Portfolio Manager will manage the Company’s investment portfolio. You will be responsible for sourcing new investments, monitoring the performance of the Company’s investment portfolio and staying abreast of market trends. This position will work with the Investment Committee to analyze and monitor activities to ensure maximum efficiency of the investment portfolio in support of Company goals.
- Actively manage the Company’s investment portfolio within the investment policy guidelines established by the Investment Committee.
- Provide frequent and timely financial and investment analysis and recommendations for potential investments and allocation changes to maintain the Company’s investment strategy.
- Develop short- and long-term investment strategies and approaches to achieve the Company’s investment goals.
- Conduct financial due diligence and analysis on new investments and presents findings to the Investment Committee for discussion.
- Stay up to date with news, market fluctuations and trends and report to the Investment Committee.
- Use financial planning tools to gather investment data, compile information and prepare reports to present to Investment Committee.
- Support the planning and execution of initiatives within the investment portfolio.
- Prepare and analyze recurring and ad hoc reports as requested by Senior Management or Investment Committee.
- Work together with Investment Committee to identify investment opportunities.
- Monitor asset allocation, investment performance and market conditions that may impact the investment portfolio.
- Conduct regular review of investment performance and recommend changes as needed.
- Recommend changes to manage risk
- Other duties, as assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics or a related field
- Five years’ experience in portfolio management
- CFP or CFA certification preferred
- Knowledge of financial concepts and understanding of financial markets and economics
- Excellent strategic thinking ability
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be an ethical individual; able to adhere to corporate compliance and governance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in financial management software such as Morningstar and Bloomberg Terminal