Senior Business Analyst
Reports To: Director of Project Management
The Senior Business Analyst helps the business implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by eliciting, defining and documenting the requirements of features/projects and communicating them clearly to stakeholders and development teams. The Senior Business Analyst participates in the development, testing, and implementation of application solutions, includes coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver solutions within scope and according to plan.
- Define feature/project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Elicit and define feature/project scope documentation, including gap analyses, user stories, flows, and requirements.
- Produce definition and design deliverables throughout project, including requirement updates, wireframes, and data migration requirements.
- Develop project plans and associated communications documents.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Develop and deliver project progress reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Document application procedures and training.
- Facilitate sessions with development team to design solutions based on business rules and requirements.
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process.
- Meet with project team regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines.
- Facilitate project meetings and presentations to diverse audiences, including technical staff, internal business stakeholders and management.
- Liaise with stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrate fluency in business processes and relevant expertise in Information Systems.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and provide recommendations to IT leadership.
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in diverse business analysis methodologies and tools.
- Must have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business.
- Must have strong project management skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point,
- Must have strong relationship-building skills and communication skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Must be willing and able to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently – flexible during times of change.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Must be proficient in MS Office suite, with experience in Project, Visio and SharePoint.
- Must possess the desire and ability to multi-task and drive cross-functional teams to success.
- Minimum of 3 years of project management and business analysis experience.
- Familiarity with the company’s web development domain, including Team Foundation Server, Sitecore CMS, and MS Dynamics CRM
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.