Senior Business Development Manager
Reports To: VP of Business Development
Edvisors is the number one place to go for planning and paying for college (About Edvisors). We have a deep set of resources and products for students and parents to navigate higher education.
Edvisors is a College Loan Corporation (CLC) company and is 100% owned by its dedicated employees through the CLC employee stock ownership plan. CLC, headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada is a top 10 student loan company, with $18 billion in consumer assets originated. By offering innovative loan products and first-class customer service, the Company has helped 900,000 families achieve their higher education goals. CLC has won multiple awards, including the BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics and the American Business Award for excellence in Customer Service.
Edvisors is a student resource company operating a portfolio of interactive sites that provide information, tools, and resources to help further higher education. Edvisors assists students and parents by helping them access private student loans products, scholarships and consolidation funding while providing marketers the opportunity to engage with students directly online, via e-mail, and through direct mail. Edvisors also manages education-focused websites offering information, advice and services to students, parents, educations, and the financial aid community.
Recognizing that our employees are the key to our success, Edvisors is dedicated to being a great place to work. Edvisors believes in providing a fulfilling workplace environment. We offer excellent employee benefits, paid time off, employee ownership, and a healthy work-life balance. We run a professional and fun office environment.
If you are interested in one of our open positions, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to join our fast-paced, fun, and dynamic sales team in Las Vegas, NV. This position is responsible for creating and managing new partnerships for all Edvisors’ product lines, reporting directly to the VP of Business Development. As part of the business development team, you will be in a unique position to impact the growth of revenue opportunities for the company.
Work closely with VP – Business Development and stakeholders to identify potential opportunities and collaborate to bring in new business
- Own and manage business development roadmap/pipeline for the year
- Drive significant revenue growth
- Respond to any new business opportunities and communicate to stakeholders as needed
- Plan and effectively manage existing partnerships
- Learn and understand the business lines to provide strategy around advertising opportunities and impact company’s growth
- Responsible for managing the client onboarding process
- Manage revenue tracking process with accounting along with monthly reporting
- Provide weekly updates to SVP and rest of the senior management as needed
- Manage partner requests with internal stakeholders
- Conduct cursory reviews of agreements from a business perspective prior to sending them to compliance team
- Think outside of the box to constantly grow the business within the parameters provided
- Collaborate internally across multiple stakeholders to problem solve and keep the lines of communications open across our teams
A dynamic and creative sales individual with an entrepreneurial mindset
- An excellent written, verbal, and face-to-face communicator, who also is a great listener and comfortable communicating regularly with C-level executives both internally and externally with clients
- Experience working with Data Science teams is preferred
- Excellent at time management and organization
- Must be able to create pitch decks using tools like Canva
- Must be proficient in cold calling and hunting for new leads
- Worked with legal, compliance teams in the most recent job
- Thrives under an autonomous environment with guidance and feedback
- A seasoned professional with at least five years or more experience in Sales and Business Development
- Has a strong track record of closing deals of $50,000 or more regularly
- Ability to manage workflow within a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Detail-oriented and creative problem solver
- A team player who works hard, and contributes to our fun, yet productive culture
- Ability to shift gears as needed and help cross functional team
A bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience with at least 5 years in business development, sales and/or marketing is preferred.
Applicants with strong knowledge or understanding in Data, advertising/marketing are preferred
- 2+ experience in CRM platforms such as Hubspot, Salesforce or other similar tools
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, and Outlook)
California Applicant Privacy Notice