Reports To: Vice President of Software Development
As a Sitecore Developer, you will design, produce and implement software solutions on .NET platform, utilizing Sitecore technology, in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
Design innovative solutions to real market problems. Work closely with a team of business analysts, web and database developers and software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones. Provide technical guidance and consulting across the organization.
- Work collaboratively with Development team on software development efforts from a technology perspective. This involves being intimately involved with all technical activities within the team (software development lifecycle activities, code reviews, research, etc.)
- Develop applications and websites that support business strategy and requirements, emphasizing on quality, performance, scalability, security and maintainability
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology that could impact current projects and influence new projects
- Plan and assist development team with technical Enterprise Architecture, including both short and long term strategies for retiring certain legacy systems, integrating existing systems and new systems implementation recommendations
- Assist as needed in identifying IT standards and policies and ensures that they are followed and enforce
- Establishment and enforcement of coding standards and practices
- Follow team process by entering and tracking implementation information including work items and tasks in Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Creation and delivery of detailed technical presentations to IT peers, business stakeholders, and management as needed
- Creating prototypes and authoring detailed interaction specifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Sitecore CMS implementation and development
- 8+ total years’ experience in software design and implementation in distributed, multi- tier, heterogeneous client systems using structured, object-oriented languages.
- Minimum 6 years full-time software development experience in an enterprise environment
- 8+ years’ experience with object-oriented design and implementation with expert knowledge of OO languages (C#), distributed systems, web services, etc.
- Minimum 8 years of C# and MS SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Experience in source control systems like TFS, GIT
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diagrammatic skills
- Familiarity with field and lab-based usability research methodologies
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Sitecore Certified Professional Developer