Last Revised Date: August 10, 2020
This California Applicant Privacy Notice (the "Applicant Notice") describes our collection and use of certain personal information relating to external job applicants and candidates for positions with College Loan Corporation. ("Applicants"). This Applicant Notice is intended to satisfy our applicable notice requirements under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"). The CCPA defines “Personal Information” as information that identifies, relates to, describes or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly to a particular individual or household. If you become our employee, you will receive a privacy notice explaining the Personal Information we collect and our purposes for collection in connection with your employment relationship.
(1) We may have collected the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers, such as name, contact information, online identifiers and Social Security numbers and other government-issued ID numbers;
- Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, contact information, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history financial information, medical information and health insurance information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law;
- Commercial information, such as transaction information, purchase history and financial details;
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history, online behavior, and interactions with our and other websites, applications and systems;
- Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as work history, prior employer, information relating to references, CV, details of qualifications, skills and experience, human resources data and data necessary for benefits and related administration services;
- Education information subject to the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, such as student records; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
(2) Generally, we may use the above categories of Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Review, assessing, recruiting, considering or otherwise managing Applicants and job applications;
- Scheduling and conducting interviews;
- Identifying Applicants, including by working with external recruiters;
- Reviewing, assessing and verifying information provided, conducting or obtaining background checks (where relevant and pursuant to applicable law), and otherwise screening or evaluating Applicants' qualifications, suitability and relevant characteristics;
- Extending offers, negotiating the terms of offers, and assessing salary and compensation matters;
- Communicating with Applicants regarding their applications and about other similar position(s) for which they may be interested;
- Maintaining Applicant Personal Information for future consideration;
- Complying with applicable legal obligations (such as hiring eligibility, responding to subpoenas and court orders) as well as assessments, reviews, investigations and reporting relating to such legal obligations including without limitation under employment and labor laws and regulations, Social Security and tax laws, environmental regulations, workplace safety laws and regulations, and other applicable laws, regulations, opinions and guidance;
- Defending and protecting our legal rights and the legal rights of others;
- Conducting financial, tax and accounting audits, and audits and assessments of our business operations, security controls, financial controls, or compliance with legal obligations;
- Administering out records retention program.
Changes to our California Consumer Privacy Act Notices
College Loan Corporation reserves the right to amend this CCPA privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this CCPA privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on our intranet and the Jobs page of our website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued employment, candidacy for a position, and/or the use of our facilities or systems following posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice or the ways in which College Loan Corporation collects and uses your information, please do not hesitate to contact us at: HR@collegeloan.com