Reports To: Director of Engineering & Network Security
Edvisors is the number one place to go for planning and paying for college (About Edvisors). We have a deep set of resources and products for students and parents to navigate higher education.
Edvisors is a College Loan Corporation (CLC) company and is 100% owned by its dedicated employees through the CLC employee stock ownership plan. CLC, headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada is a top 10 student loan company, with $18 billion in consumer assets originated. By offering innovative loan products and first-class customer service, the Company has helped 900,000 families achieve their higher education goals. CLC has won multiple awards, including the BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics and the American Business Award for excellence in Customer Service.
Edvisors is a student resource company operating a portfolio of interactive sites that provide information, tools, and resources to help further higher education. Edvisors assists students and parents by helping them access private student loans products, scholarships and consolidation funding while providing marketers the opportunity to engage with students directly online, via e-mail, and through direct mail. Edvisors also manages education-focused websites offering information, advice and services to students, parents, educations, and the financial aid community.
Recognizing that our employees are the key to our success, Edvisors is dedicated to being a great place to work. Edvisors believes in providing a fulfilling workplace environment. We offer excellent employee benefits, paid time off, employee ownership, and a healthy work-life balance. We run a professional and fun office environment.
If you are interested in one of our open positions, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The System Administrator is responsible for handling support and service requests in a professional and timely manner. This position installs, configures, and maintains infrastructure services with an emphasis on Microsoft software in a hybrid cloud environment, to include SharePoint, Team Foundation Server, and Dynamics.
- Under general guidance from the Director of Engineering and Senior Systems Engineers provide support for areas related to systems administration.
- Responsible for administering and helping to design reliable, secure, and fault-tolerant collaboration tools.
- Administer and maintain CLC’s Microsoft TFS and Azure Devops environment, provide new builds and support to Dev, QA, and Production servers.
- Maintain and enhance code customizations for CLC’s enterprise Microsoft Dynamic CRM and SharePoint systems.
- Responsible for ensuring availability of platform monitoring, with timely problem identification and resolution
- Assist with daily administration of critical infrastructure services including Active Directory, GPO, DNS, DHCP, SAN, log management, and monitoring systems.
- Evaluate and recommend Enterprise level hardware and software solutions
- Define, promote, and encourage the use of engineering practices.
- Identify opportunities for new systems administration practices
- Help plan for future enhancements and direction of the overall computer network
- Effectively collaborate with peers, cross-functional teams and team leaders.
- Responsible for identifying and communicating technical issues and risks associated with solutions and participate in infrastructure design reviews
- Responsible for administration, scheduling and testing of backup software and archived data.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
- Complete other tasks and projects as assigned
- Must have 3+ years of IT experience.
- Experience with the following: Microsoft Server products such as Active Directory, Exchange, SQL Server, Storage Area Network Experience; Cisco Network Appliances, Disaster Recovery.
- Experience developing and maintaining Microsoft collaboration tools; Teams, SharePoint, and CRM. Both on-premise and cloud deployed.
- Experience with Azure infrastructure management, Azure Storage, Networking, Office 365, Defender, DLP, Teams, and Compliance systems.
- Experience in the analysis, installation, relocation/migration of Enterprise Level LAN/WAN system including hardware and software in a multi-platform complex environment is highly desirable.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to business users with professionalism and tact.
- Knowledge of MiTel phone systems is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Industry certifications related to Windows system administration and security (MCSE/MCSA/Security+/GSEC) Certified Azure Administrator is desirable.
California Applicant Privacy Notice